Thursday, April 05, 2007

Unconsciously Influential Priest Album

WHILE SCANNING THE PORTFOLIO part of design firm Pentagram's site, I came across this signage example. This is an entry to the Minnesota Children's Museum:


The design immediately called to mind the cover of Judas Priest's British Steel:

With any luck, the kids entering this museum will do their best Beavis and Butt-head imitations while singing, "Breakin' the law! Breakin' the law!"

Hopefully without doing that thing with their shoulders like Halford.

2 comments:

Amy said...

How funny! Ah, Judas Priest. I think my sister had one of those cheesy 80s black wallets with the Velcro that had their name on it. No, wait, that was Def Leppard. Anyway, I must admit that I still do like “Living After Midnight” and “You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’.” Remember their subliminal court trial after those two suicides? How sad. Hmmm … come to think of it, it looks to me like that museum is using their door as an olde English anagram for “O Damne It” Spooky

Anonymous said...

[Butthead]
I still like Priest and all, but that sign sucks...
[/B]